Saturday, August 14, 2010

Back In The Saddle . . . Again

Two more weeks off the bike. First work in Chicago, then vacation. Vacation rocked, but even hiking in the Smokies doesn't count as training when you move at the pace of your 7 and almost-5 year old daughters.

Got home this afternoon at 4:30, and was out on the road at about 5:30. And it was a decent ride -- a bit more than 21 miles, at a good pace. (Well, a good pace except for traffic issues on the way to and from the 15 or so mile trail -- including a guy riding 6.5 mph on a sidewalk I was stuck on. And then the guy tried to kill me by stopping short. But when I was going, I was going hard.)

Nevertheless, I am going to have to do a hell of a lot more, without any more two week breaks, if I am going to survive my century. Back on the road tomorrow morning at 9:00 with my century partner, so we'll see if I can keep it up.

TTDC

No comments:

Post a Comment