Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ouch!

Hit the usual 21 mile loop today. Haven't ridden in a week. :( PR for the course, though. But still a pathetic average by most standards.

Lots of fun -- got out there late afternoon, felt strong the whole way. Finished with the one mile hill instead of the longer but much less steep course. Rode it better than usual by a lot, despite the quickly becoming common numbness issues after about an hour of riding. So maybe I am getting stronger. Here's hoping . . .

And here's ouching . . . by about 30 minutes after the ride my quads and rear were in utter agony; I may even have a little saddle sore. I really need to get that bike fitting that I've been trying to arrange for months. Stomach in knots too -- I think I may've eaten dinner too soon post ride. Oh well. Back on the saddle tomorrow no matter what. I have a lot of work to do if I am going to survive my ride in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment